Local Hospice Opens Furniture Outlet In Oxford Court
1st June 2011
Weldmar Hospicecare Trust opens in Weymouth:
Weldmar Hospicecare Trust is delighted to be opening a modern new Outlet in Weymouth
Weldmar Hospicecare Trust is delighted to be opening a modern new Outlet in Weymouth at 11am on Wednesday 1 June 2011 at Units 11 12, Oxford Court, Granby Industrial Estate, Weymouth
Valerie Burnham, Retail Director for Weldmar Hospicecare Trust, says: ‘Weldmar are delighted to be opening this new venture in Weymouth – it will provide a new opportunity to raise much needed funds to support the work of the Trust and the continuing care for our patients throughout the county. Our four charity shops in Weymouth already trade extremely well but this larger space will allow us to store and display a full range of furniture. Last month saw the opening of a similar Outlet in Dorchester and this is already proving a great success.
Weldmar Hospicecare Trust is one of the few charity shops that exclusively trades in goods donated by the people of Dorset.
Sharon Randall, Manager of the Outlet, says: We look forward to welcoming everyone to this lovely new Outlet. Our success relies on customers but initially on supporters of the Trust who so generously donate the items for us to sell. Our volunteers are invaluable to us.
Volunteers are urgently needed. The Trust always welcomes enquiries from people who would like to volunteer. If you have some spare time to help in the Weymouth Outlet or other shops within the Trust, please contact Cheryl Jeffrey on 01305 756948 or use our online contact form.
The opening hours will be Monday to Saturday, 9am until 5pm. Furniture collections will be offered free and deliveries can be arrange for a small charge.
Gift Aid on donations continues to add such an important additional turnover. If you have not already registered when you have donated in the past – then please do the next time as this will add 25% to the amount raised from your donation.
DJ Property has invested £3.5 million in Oxford Court, providing South Dorset businesses and organisations with facilities to thrive and grow. The development is located at the top of Cambridge Road on the Granby Industrial Estate, Weymouth and provides a modern courtyard-style layout offering flexible, low maintenance, highly-secure business units. All have fast-internet access and extensive parking facilities. Other occupiers include PTS Plumbing, Salon Services, Paragon Skills for Industry and Café Rico.
Notes to the Editor
Press contacts For further details please call: Valerie Burnham on 01305770760 or James Fenton at Watershed PR on 01308 420 785
Weldmar Hospicecare Trust cares for patients with cancer and other progressive conditions, such as motor neurone disease, who require specialist help. Patients in north, south and west Dorset have a seamless service, whether they require care and advice in the comfort of their own homes, in the day hospices or the in-patient unit at Joseph Weld Hospice. Registered Charity No. 1000414. All services are provided free of charge.
- We seek to improve the quality of life for those people by bringing relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- We provide in-patient care at Joseph Weld Hospice in Dorchester
- We help enable patients to live as actively as possible and enable the family to cope throughout the patient’s illness
- We provide Day Care facilities at Trimar Hospice in Weymouth, Joseph Weld Hospice in Dorchester and the Westminster Hospital in Shaftesbury
- Our services also include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chaplaincy
Complementary and creative arts, together with family support and bereavement support
- Our community Palliative Care Nurse Specialists visit patients at home, in care homes and in community hospitals and we also have similar Nurses based at Dorset County Hospital.
- The cost of running Weldmar Hospicecare Trust’s services is currently £6.4 million a year: 30% is funded by the NHS, the remainder is generated mainly through fundraising and our chain of fourteen charity shops.
About DJ Property
- DJ Property lets industrial, retail, office, leisure, and storage properties in South Dorset. DJ Property wholly owns and manages all of its properties. More information about the firm can be found at www.djproperty.com